Join us for our March 2019 photographic activity – we’re going for a hike in the riparian woodlands of Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve with Photo Section vice-president Alexander S. Kunz. Trails at the preserve wind through a beautiful canopy of oaks and sycamores, and along the creek that forms quiet pools and ponds here and there.
- Date & Time: Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 8-11AM
(if the weather is bad, we’ll postpone the activity to March 23rd)
- Location: Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve
- Meeting Point: Ranch House (on Google Maps)
- Distance: varies between 3 miles and 7 miles (a couple of different loops are possible, we’ll play it by ear)
What to bring
- water and snacks
- hiking shoes with good tread (trails may be muddy and slippery in some spots)
- adequate clothing (wear layers), depending on the weather.
- your camera gear 😉
Please note that the preserve is closed during and immediately after storms, to protect the trails. If that happens, we’ll postpone this activity to Saturday, March 23rd (updates will be sent out via email).
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.