Join our vice chair Alexander S. Kunz for a spring photo hike in San Diego’s Laguna Mountains! The route will include the Sunset Trail, Water of the Woods, the Big Laguna Lake, Laguna Meadows. Please continue reading if you’re interested.
- Date & Time: Saturday, May 18th, 2019 8-10 AM
- Location: Sunset/Laguna Meadows trailhead
- Fees: National Forest Daily Pass or Adventure Pass, or Federal Annual Pass for parking required
- Hike: we start at 8 AM from the Sunset Trailhead (along Sunrise Highway) for a loop that includes the Sunset Trail, Water of the Woods, Big Laguna Lake, the Meadows and Big Laguna Trail back to the trailhead. Distance is 5 miles / 8 km, with ~600 feet / 200m elevation change.
- Carpool (optional): meet 7 AM at the Park & Ride #22 lot along I-8 (). It will take about 50 minutes to the trailhead from there.
You will need good hiking shoes, sunscreen, a hat, water and snacks. Depending on the water level of Water of the Woods and Big Laguna, areas may be muddy and wet. If your footing isn’t secure, we suggest that you bring trekking poles.
Please note that this is NOT a Sierra Club outing. The route is only a suggestion. You may join, leave, hike at your own pace or take a different route, as you please.
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.