At every San Diego Photo Club Meeting, our Club does a “MemberShare” after our speaker’s presentation. This is where Club members can share up to 5 images with the rest of the audience. If you are a visitor, please feel free to enjoy the images. You can sign up for the Club so your images are included in the next month’s Member Share.
How To Transmit
We are using Dropbox file requests since the end of 2017. As a result, a Dropbox account is not required anymore to transmit your images for our MemberShare. Please refer to the Dropbox help article about file requests if you want to know more.
- Look for the “File Request” link in the invitation email, or in the blog post for the meeting
- The file request links expire after the meeting
- There will be a new file request for every meeting
- When you click on the link, the Dropbox website will open in your browser
- Click on the blue “Choose Files” button and send 5 files from your computer
- When the upload is complete, Dropbox will ask for your name and email address
- Dropbox will add your name as a prefix to the files so we can easily identify them
- We will receive a notification that you uploaded the files.
Hey presto! 🙂
IMPORTANT: the Dropbox File Requests are unique for each MemberShare (and other occasions, such as the monthly photo quest). We try to mark the individual file requests as “expired” as soon as possible so that they can’t be used anymore, but please, DO NOT use one specific file request to submit images for a different purpose. Thanks!
How to Prepare
Please do not send more than 5 images. We often have enthusiastic participation and we want everybody to be able to participate in the time we have allocated.
Our projector shows images in a 16:9 version of WUXGA (1920 x 1080 pixels). You don’t need to downsize larger images if you send via Dropbox. Don’t worry about color space (sRGB or Adobe RGB) or DPI.
You will have approximately 10 – 20 seconds to speak about each image as they are presented to the audience.
Showing your images to the group is a wonderful experience and we highly encourage you to participate.