May has begun and it’s time for another photo quest! After April’s theme “Obstacles” it’s getting even more obscure, because…
It’s All A Blur!
…is the theme for May 2019!
Here are some blurry ideas on how to (technically) interpret this month’s theme:
- Motion blur – moving subjects, photographed with a slow shutter speed (camera static on a tripod)
- Camera panning – tracking a moving subject with the camera & slow shutter speed, rendering non-moving areas blurry
- Camera blur – intentionally moving the camera during the exposure (see image below)
- Lens blur – zooming in or out with a zoom lens during the exposure
- A combination of some or all of the above…
- …or whichever way you interpret this month’s theme!
No blurry concepts please! 😉
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and May 31st, 2019
- This is a members only activity
- A link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox
- Only one submission per member, please
- give your submission a descriptive filename (optionally, add title & caption via IPTC fields)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in our Facebook group.
Alexander S. Kunz is a landscape and nature photographer originally from Germany. He moved to San Diego in 2010 and specializes on our local landscapes. He currently serves as the Photo Section’s vice chair and also teaches the club’s Lightroom workshops.
You can find his photographic portfolio and blog on his website at https://www.alex-kunz.com.