As we write this, the weather service talks about potentially four storms lined up to bring rain to Southern California – yes, it is our rainy season, and after the abysmally dry water year of 2017/2018, we want to celebrate it. Our theme for the first monthly photo quest thus is:
Send us your best photo of rain, storm clouds, macro of raindrops on plants, sunlight breaking through the clouds, city lights reflecting in wet asphalt, seasonal streams running after storms… or whichever way you interpret this month’s theme photographically.
- No digging in the archives – get out with the camera: your photo must be made in January 2019!
- This is a members only activity (2019 members: watch out for the email with the link to submit your photos!)
- If you’re not a member yet, sign up or renew your membership with the Photo Section
- One submission per member
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter.
- Please give your submission a descriptive filename (you do not need to add your name; it will be added automatically when you submit them via Dropbox file request)
- Add Title & Caption in the IPTC tags, if possible
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in our Facebook community. Protect your camera gear well (a plastic bag helps a lot!) and have fun photographing this wonderful season of the year. We look forward to your submissions!
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.